If you have applied for a UK visa, you may wonder how things are going. Because of how long it takes to get a visa, you might not hear anything about your application. This is pretty scary for a lot of people. Many people would like to know how their application is doing as it moves through the system.
People who want to know how their visa application is coming along have a few options. In this article, we’ll look at how to track UK Visa applications in Nigeria.
Information Required to Check UK Visa Application Status
You will need the following information in other to know how to track UK visa application in Nigeria.
- Payment reference number: This is the reference on your payment slip at the time of your visa application fee payment.
- Unique Application Number: it is a 16-digit number found on all the emails and letters sent by the home office.
- Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Number: If you pay an NHS immigration health fee when submitting your application, you will be assigned an IHS (Immigration Health Surcharge) number. It is a combination of characters and numbers of the format IHS013256748.
- Case ID (Identification Number): Case ID is an 8-digit number available on all the letters issued by the Home Office. If the case ID begins with zero, you can skip it and begin typing the numbers that follow zero in the status form.
You can track the status of your UK visa application using the information provided above.
How Will You Know if Your Visa Is Approved?
UK Visas and Immigration will let you know if your visa has been approved. This will usually come in the form of a letter, a text message, or an email.
If you are outside the UK, you will get a sticker that lets you travel to the UK. This sticker is called a “vignette.” Your short story will have the following:
- The type of visa you have been issued
- The start and end dates of your visa
- The conditions of your visa (e.g. whether you can work).
If you gave your passport to the immigration center when you applied, you would get it back with the vignette inside. If you kept your passport after applying, you must return to your local immigration center to get your vignette. You need to put the vignette in your passport and show it when you arrive in the UK. If you plan to stay in the UK for more than six months, you will have 10 days to get your Biometric Residence Permit. Where you get your Biometric Residence Permit depends on where you said you would live when you filled out your application.
If you apply from the UK, you should get a letter or email telling you your application has been accepted. After you get the decision letter, your Biometric Residence Permit should be sent by courier within 7 to 10 days. If your Biometric Residence Permit doesn’t show up, you need to let UKVI know so they can send you a new one.
When waiting for a visa decision, you should always check your “spam” folder in case the Home Office has sent you an email. We’ve seen a lot of cases where applicants got a decision, but they didn’t know because the email didn’t show up in their “inbox” folder.
How To Track UK Visa Application In Nigeria Online: Is it Possible?
The Visa Department of the British High Commission works with the Visa Facilitation Services (VFS), which is a third-party company. You can check on the status of a visa application online through VFS. You can follow their website and provide the necessary information to check your visa application online.
There is no direct way to track your visa application online, but here are some ways you can get updates about your visa:
- Message VFS for updates on your visa status: VISA UK Your Passport Number.
- Use the Reference Number on the receipt or invoice from the Visa Application Centre to check with the UK Visa and Immigration Department about your visa status.
- You can also check the status with the UAN, Case ID, or IHS Number.
- The UK Visa and Immigration Department can be reached at +44 2034811736. It costs £1.37 per minute to call from abroad.
Here is a format for sending the message: VISA –space- UK – space- Your Passport Number.
What to do if your UK visa application is rejected?
If your application is denied, you will get a letter or email explaining why and what you can do next. This will tell you if you can appeal or ask for an Administrative Review if you think UKVI made a mistake.
In any case, if your application is rejected, you should talk to a lawyer who specializes in immigration law. Depending on your situation, they may tell you to submit a new application, apply for a different type of visa or immigration status (like Indefinite Leave to Remain), or even apply for a Judicial Review instead of appealing or filing an Administrative Review (challenging the legal basis for decision in court).
How to track UK visa application with GWF number?
Visit the British Consulate website or log in to VFS Global.
Input the tracking ID you received through SMS and email after your visa application.
Next, enter your date of birth in YYYY-MM-DD format and the captcha text.
Then click “Submit”.