MPIN, or Mobile Pin, adds an extra layer of security to mobile banking accounts. You cannot conduct any mobile banking transaction unless you have an MPIN. Let’s talk about how to get my Mpin in First Bank.
On mobile banking apps, an MPIN number is a 4-6-digit password used for authentication. Any payment via a mobile app is impossible without the MPIN.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has mandated a two-factor authentication process for mobile banking transactions. To obtain approval, it is necessary to provide two-factor identification. In the same way that an ATM transaction requires a debit card and an authentication PIN, mobile banking transactions require a PIN to proceed. In most cases, the first form of authentication is MPIN.
What is MPIN?
MPIN code is an abbreviation for mobile banking personal identification number. For complete mobile transaction security, users must remember and avoid sharing it with anyone, not even their family. MPIN, like ATM PIN, is a six- or four-digit passcode a user must enter to complete a transaction. MPIN is extremely valuable because it eliminates the need for users to provide long-form details, such as card or account information, to receive or send funds.
How to Generate Mpin?
To use mobile banking services, you must first generate an MPIN. Users can easily generate the MPIN using the following methods:
1. Through UPI apps
UPI apps frequently use MPIN to provide users with banking services. UPI apps can also be used to register and change MPIN numbers. MPIN can be generated in the UPI app in the following ways:
- Input the ID and password to access the UPI app.
- Go to the Account Management tab.
- The option to set the MPIN can be found here.
- Follow the steps to create a new MPIN one at a time.
2. Through NET Banking
Even net banking can be used to generate the MPIN. To create a new MPIN, the following steps must be taken:
- Open the banking portal and enter your login ID and password.
- Locate the mobile banking option and select the MPIN option from the menu.
- Choose “Setup MPIN” from the menu.
- Input the received OTP on the registered number to authenticate the mobile number.
- Insert the 4- or 6-digit MPIN code and confirm.
An SMS will be sent to the registered number, which the user must confirm to set up the new MPIN.
3. Through the Bank Branch
Users can contact a bank branch to obtain a new MPIN. Users must fill out a form the bank branch provides to do so. After submitting the form, a bank representative will contact you with the new MPIN information.
4. Through ATM card
Users can also set their MPIN through ATMs. The following is the procedure for creating an MPIN using an ATM:
- Put the ATM card into the slot.
- Enter the ATM passcode and press the “Confirm” button.
- Next, select “Forgot MPIN/login password” from the menu.
- Users can generate a new MPIN after data authentication via OTP.
- When users create a new MPIN, a confirmation message is sent to their RMN.
5. Using the USSD code
To change the MPIN, use the USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code. It is one of the prudent methods for setting up the PIN for feature phones that do not have internet access. The USSD code is used to access the mobile service via a dialing pad. The following methods can be used to start the process:
- Dial *99# on your phone.
- Select the “Generate MPIN” option and enter the number that appears before the service.
- Now enter the last six-digit number (space) expiry date and send.
- Input the new MPIN directly and send.
- A one-of-a-kind MPIN number will be generated.
The IDFC FIRST Bank mobile and internet banking platform offers a unified experience across devices, quick transfers via IMPS, RTGS, and NEFT, instant bill payments, and easy access to transactions and loan details.