The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is a regional examination body that conducts high school exams in English-speaking West African countries, including Nigeria, Ghana, and Sierra Leone. WAEC is highly respected, and its results are widely accepted by universities and employers across the region.
Checking your WAEC result using your phone is an easy and convenient way to access your results as soon as they are released. Rather than having to travel to your school or wait for a physical copy of your results, you can simply use your phone to check your WAEC result from anywhere. In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps to check your WAEC result using your phone.
First off, let’s take a look at the requirements for checking waec result..
Requirements to Check WAEC Result
Here is what you need to have before you can proceed to check your WAEC result:
- WAEC examination number: This is a unique number assigned to every candidate that registers for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) conducted by the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
- Scratch card pin: This is a 12-digit alphanumeric code that is used to authenticate the candidate’s result.
- Examination serial number: This is a 10-digit number assigned to a candidate during WAEC registration.
- Examination year: This refers to the year in which the candidate sat for the WAEC examination. It is important to select the correct examination year to access the candidate’s result.
- Type of Examination: This refers to the category of examination the candidate sat for, such as May/June, Nov/Dec or private.
How to Check WAEC Result Using Phone
You can check your WAEC result by phone in two ways;
- SMS text message
- On the WAEC result checker page
How to Check WAEC Result via SMS
- Launch the text message app on your phone
- Select Send New Message
- Type your WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear.
- Enter 32327 for the receiver
- Click on send message
- You will receive an SMS containing your WAEC result
Example of the text message; WAEC*4250101241*765546789872*2021
Note: You’ll have to pay thirty (30) naira to use this method. This will be deducted from your SIM account balance.
How to Check WAEC Result via Result Checker Page
- Visit the WAEC result checker page on their official website (www.waecdirect.org)
- Enter your examination number
- Select the examination year
- Choose the examination type
- Enter the WAEC scratch card PIN in the required field
- Enter the examination serial number in the required field
- Click on “Submit” to view your result
- Your result will be displayed on a new tab on your screen. You can then print it out or save it for future purpose.
You can get your WAEC scratch card PIN and serious number from the ID card issued to you. If you don’t have access to your ID card, you can purchase one online. Remember to keep your scratch card details safe and secure to avoid any unauthorized access to your results. Note that you can use the PIN and serial number five times.
How much is WAEC result checker PIN
A WAEC result checker PIN costs about ₦3,654.82. The e-PIN/result checker is available on the council’s Request Management System portal for candidates who need it. It is also available on various online payment gateways such as Remita, Interswitch, and others.