Network operators in Nigeria, under the Association of Licensed Telecom Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) has announced the commencement of harmonized short codes across all networks.
This means the *140# for checking your data balance is no longer active. There’s now a new code. So henceforth, all mobile network services will now use a single USSD code for credit recharge and a different one for checking data balances.
Technology keeps evolving, and so does the process of checking your data balance on Airtel. That’s why I’m here to provide you with the latest, up-to-date information on how to check your data balance on Airtel as of today.
So, sit back and relax as we walk you through the different methods you can use to check Data Balance on Airtel.
How to Check Data Balance on Airtel (Updated Today)
Method 1: Using USSD Code
The trusty USSD code method. It’s super convenient and doesn’t require any fancy apps. Just follow these steps:
- Dial the USSD code *323#
- Select the “My Account” option
- Choose the “Data Balance” or “Internet Balance” option
- Wait for the system to retrieve and display your data balance
Method 2: Use Airtel Mobile App
If you prefer a more visual and user-friendly experience, the Airtel mobile app is the way to go. Here’s how to check your data balance using the app:
1. Download and install the latest version of the Airtel mobile app from the app store
2. Open the app and log in to your Airtel account
3. Navigate to the “My Account” or “Balance” section
4. Look for the “Data Balance” or “Internet Balance” option
5. The app should display your remaining data balance
Method 3: Call Customer Care
Sometimes, a good old phone call is all you need to get the job done. If you’re up for it, follow these steps:
1. Dial the Airtel customer care helpline number, which is usually 121 or 198
2. Follow the automated voice prompts or speak to a customer care representative
3. Request your data balance information
4. The customer care representative should provide you with your data balance
How to Check Data Balance on Airtel Mifi
1. Download and install the My Airtel App. The app is available on both Google Play Store for Androids and App Store for IOS.
2. Register with your Airtel MIFI number and enter OTP as requested.
3. On the home page, tap on Manage Account.
4. Then select view Balance.
5. Tap on Data balance.
6. The remaining data balance will display on your screen.
How to Check Data Balance in Airtel from Website
Airtel also offers “self-care services” through their website. You can use this method to check your data balance on Airtel too. It is similar to the self service all on the Airtel Mobile app. Here’s how to go about it;
- Login to your account on Airtel’s website. If you don’t have an account, create one.
- The website will request for your mobile number, kindly input it and an OTP will be sent to the number.
- Once you receive the OTP, input it to authenticate your login.
- Finally, the dashboard displays after you’re input the correct OTP. From there you can navigate to the Data balance section to view your data balance.
Airtel New USSD Codes
These are the new Airtel USSD codes;
- Airtime recharge – *311* Voucher PIN #
- Check MTN airtime balance – *310#
- To borrow airtime – *303#
- To buy data – *312#
- To share data – *321#
- To check your data balance – *323#
- For MTN Value-added Services – *305#
- To link your NIN to your MTN line, dial *996#
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I can’t Access my Data Balance through any of the Methods Mentioned?
Can I Transfer Data Balance from one Airtel Number to Another?
Can I view my Data Balance History on the Airtel Mobile App?
How do I Check my Airtel Data Balance?
Can I Check my Airtel data Balance Online?
We all know how important data is in our daily lives. This is why we’ve brought to you various methods to check Data balance on Airtel. Whether you’re browsing the internet, streaming videos, or connecting with friends on social media, data fuels our digital experiences. This above listed methods will help you stay informed on your data usage.
Technology never stops evolving, and the methods we shared today may change in the future. That’s why it’s crucial to stay updated on the latest methods for checking your data balance. Keep an eye out for any announcements or updates from Airtel to ensure you have the most accurate information at your fingertips.